The YMCA of Fredericton pool will be closed from Dec 13 to Dec 23 for scheduled maintenance and repairs.
To ensure YMCA members continue to have access to a pool during the closure, members can use the aquatics facilities at the Sir Max Aitken (SMA) pool at UNB (Dec 16 – 23) and the Fredericton Indoor Pool (Dec 13-23).
When visiting the Sir Max Aitken pool at UNB:
- YMCA members can identify themselves with their YMCA membership, Government ID and Proof of Vaccination during every visit.
- YMCA members will be asked to complete a waiver, and a COVID-19 waiver. This can be done at the Lady Beaverbrook Gymnasium where the Sir Max Aitken pool is located.
- Parking passes are required between 8am-4pm Monday-Friday. These passes can be purchased at the UNB Security and Traffic building on campus.
When visiting Fredericton Indoor Pool:
- YMCA members can access the facility with their YMCA membership card, Government ID and Proof of Vaccination (or exemption)
- FIP is currently open for drop-in usage, or swims can be pre-booked by contacting Adam Munn, Recreation Officer, Aquatics; at email@example.com who will create an account and assign a temporary pass.
- Masks are to be worn in all areas of the facility and only removed for (1) showering prior to entering the pool area and (2) prior to entering the water to swim.
Sir Max Aitken Pool
at UNB Lady Beaverbrook Gym
15 Peter Kelly Dr.
Fredericton Indoor Pool
79 Carrington Ln