Family Friend is a YMCA of Fredericton program for single parents of young children.
If our program description below sounds like a good fit for you or someone you know, please share our link or contact us for more information.
Parents must have a least one child under the age of 18.
We provide assistance to single parents who are:
- Feeling alone / isolated
- Experiencing challenges
- Looking for support, services, and resources
How we provide assistance:
- Connects participants to valuable information, resources, and community services
- Conducts interactive and informative personal development workshops
- Provides accessibility to a YMCA membership for participants and their families
- Offers transportation assistance for participants who qualify
- Nurtures a caring environment where parents have an opportunity to bond, learn, and grow with other participants in our group
- Offers confidential support by the program coordinator
**Please note the following:
- An active participant and his/her ex-partner cannot be part of the group simultaneously.
The Family Friend program has specific intake requirements & expectations:
- Our participants are single parents who have at least one child under the age of 18.
- An initial meeting with the program coordinator is required to assess the parent’s needs and to determine eligibility. Participants are welcome to bring their child/children to this meeting.
- We hold workshops monthly. Attendance is required.
- Open communication and follow-ups with program coordinator will be required.
- Re-assessment is required to track progress.
~ We are here to help ~
Contact our program coordinator, for a confidential conversation.
Name: Liam Pyke
Phone: (506) 462-3000 ext: 121