The YMCA of Fredericton responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. By nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, the YMCA connects people to life-building opportunities, as well as to each other and enhances their quality of life.
YMCA of Fredericton, 570 York St, Fredericton, NB
Housekeeping, reporting to the Manager, Operations, are responsible for light cleaning duties to support quality program and services. The YMCA of Fredericton has 2 locations that require housekeeping services - a 60,000-square foot full accessible facility featuring a Wellness Centre, 25 meter pool, therapeutic pool, full gymnasium, fitness studio, cycling studio licensed childcare and outdoor playgrounds, 3 locker rooms and numerous classroom facilities located at 570 York St. The second location is a childcare facility located at 605 Cliffe St, inside the Willie O’Ree arena.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Service, clean, and supply locker rooms, public restrooms, etc.
- Laundering of towels.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and/or vacuuming.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean and polish fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Set-up and take down of rooms in a timely manner.
- Follow SAM Standards
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values:
- Facility cleaning experience is an asset.
- A criminal record and vulnerable sector check is required as a condition of employment.
Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, vales and strategic outcomes of the YMCA.
Deliberately identify and create opportunities to enhance each person's YMCA experience.
Analyze, organize, and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
Communicate in a thorough, clear, and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA.
Please attach your resume to this post or send your resume to: Human Resources Coordinator (email@example.com)
- Must be physically capable of performing a wide variety of physical tasks including walking, running, sitting, lifting, crouching, or kneeling for extended periods of time.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) will be required.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level may be loud occasionally.
- Exposure to chemicals used in general cleaning and sterilization practices.
- Work hours include evenings and weekends.
|Job Category||Job Opportunities|