POWER UP is a youth outreach program designed to engage high school aged youth by helping them grow and become apart of their community. This YMCA of Fredericton initiative brings youth together to participate in activities while gaining life skills that will empower them to reach their full potential. POWER UP is a unique program that provides youth the chance to choose the activities that they will participate in as a group. This will offer freedom of choice and provide youth the opportunity to build leadership skills. With a focus on community and personal development, this program is an ideal resource for all high school students.
POWER UP is an inclusive program and welcomes youth of all abilities, genders, and physical activity levels.
Participants must be high school aged (grades 9-12).
What we do:
- Meet bi-weekly on Friday evenings throughout the year at the YMCA
- Provide participants with opportunities to take part in personal development
- Build resumes for participants through volunteering, job search assistance, and community development
- Provide an inclusive environment for youth of all abilities, genders, and physical activity levels.
- FREE YMCA Membership
- FREE food at every session
- Offers a safe-space for youth and makes them feel apart of community
- Offers an inclusive environment
- Personal development and volunteer opportunities
To register, please download our registration form below, and email a copy to our program coordinator. You are also welcome to drop forms off at our YMCA Fredericton location, at 570 York Street.
Program registration form:
POWER UP Registration Form
~ EMPOWER YOURSELF. BECOME INSPIRED. ~
For more information, please contact our program coordinator:
Name: Liam Pyke
Phone: (506) 462-3000 ext. 121