YMCA of Fredericton Update
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Following the announcement made by the Government of New Brunswick, the Province of NB will transition to the Green Phase of the COVID-19 Provincial Recovery Plan as of 11:59 p.m. July 30, 2021.
Facility and Program Updates
– Members are welcome to continue to wear a mask if they choose, but are not required to do so.
– While physical distancing is no longer required, we encourage our members to be mindful of others’ space and recognize that we all have varying levels of comfort during this transition.
– Frequent hand washing is encouraged while visiting the facility. Hand sanitizer will continue to be available upon entering the building.
– Members are asked to continue to clean all equipment after use using sanitizing spray and disposable paper towel.
– The Stretch & Core Room on the main level will remain open for member use.
– Squash Courts will not be re-opening.
– Open gym time will resume on Saturday, July 31st. Please see our website at https://fredericton.ymca.ca/programs/drop-in-programs/ for schedule.
– Member sign-up will no longer be required for Aqua Fit, Aqua Zumba or Yoga classes.
Child Care & Summer Day Camps
Any new guidelines set out by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development for our child care departments will be communicated directly to our families.
We ask all members to be mindful and respectful of each other and of Y staff during this time and thank you for your continued support as we work through this transition together.
Please Note: The YMCA of Fredericton adheres to all recommendations from Public Health. All guidelines are dependant on their recommendations and could change at any time due to their directive.