Following this afternoon’s announcement by the Government of New Brunswick, the Fredericton Region (Zone 3) is transitioning back to the Orange Phase of the Provincial Recovery Plan and will re-open on Wednesday, January 27 at 5:30 a.m. with our COVID-19 operational plan in place to keep our members, staff and community as safe and healthy as possible.
The Fredericton YMCA (570 York Street) and the Willie O’Ree Place Program Facility will re-open to our members with a reminder of the following:
- Active screening will remain with mandatory temperature checks upon entering the facility, as well as answering screening questions.
- Masks must be worn at all times throughout the facility, including while exercising in the Wellness Centre.
- Locker rooms are closed, which includes steam rooms and showers. Members are discouraged from bringing in bags.
- In addition to the 2-metre physical distancing requirement, masks are required in low-intensity fitness activities such as yoga and stretch classes.
- Physical distancing requirements will increase to 3 metres/9 feet for high-intensity fitness classes and exercise. All Group Fitness class stations will allow for a minimum of 3 metres of physical distancing therefore masks are mandatory at all times except while engaged in class activity.
- All swimming lessons remain paused until further notice. The Orange Phase pool schedule will begin on Wednesday, January 27. Online sign-up will be available starting at 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, January 26.
- Early Years and Youth programs previously started during the orange phase will resume with all participants required to wear a mask at all times, while also maintaining physical distancing. Saturday and Sunday youth programs remain postponed due to the current Orange Phase sporting restrictions.
Please note that a separate email will be sent out to all bi-weekly members regarding the resumption of membership payments.
Child Care & After School Programs
YMCA Child Care is an essential service and all of our locations will remain open during the Orange Phase. Any new guidelines set out by the Department of Education and early childhood development will be communicated directly to our families.