YMCA of Fredericton Update
May 25th, 2020
Full Press Release
The YMCA of Fredericton is excited to announce that we will be entering the next phase of our reopening plan on Monday, June 1st at 6:00 a.m.!
The decision to reopen our building and gradually resume operations has come as the result of the Government of New Brunswick officially announcing the progression from the orange phase to yellow phase of the GNB COVID-19 Recovery Plan on Friday, May 22nd.
On Monday June 1st, the YMCA of Fredericton – 570 York Street location – will be open to members from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. As we gradually resume operations, our hours will remain as:
- 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
- 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturday – Sunday
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Holidays Hours
Starting June 1st
- The Wellness Centre will be open from 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. The floor layout has been modified to allow for proper physical distancing.
- Locker Rooms & Showers will be available for use starting on June 1st. All members are expected to respect physical distancing requirements while using these spaces.
- YMCA Summer Day Camp Online Registration opens. Please note that this year, due to COVID-19, we will only offer summer camps at our 570 York Street location.
Starting June 2nd
- Group Fitness Classes will resume with a modified class schedule. In order to allow for proper physical distancing, class sizes will be limited. A modified group fitness class schedule will be produced on a weekly basis and posted on our website.
Starting June 15th
- The pool will reopen on June 15th. A modified Aquatics schedule will be posted in advance of this date.
Starting June 22nd
- Week #1 of YMCA Summer Camps begins at 570 York Street.
New Policies & Procedures
We are taking all of the necessary steps to ensure the safety of our members which means things may look and feel a little different when you come back to the YMCA. However, our priority continues to be the health of our staff, child care families, members, volunteers and the broader community. In alignment with public health recommendations, the YMCA is taking measures to prevent community spread of COVID-19, which includes undertaking enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures to our facility.
Please Note: Members are asked to use sanitizing spray and disposable paper towel before and after use of Wellness Centre & Fitness Class Equipment.
Screening Before Entering the YMCA Facility
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, please do not enter the facility if your answer is yes to any of the following questions.
1) Have you or anyone in your household travelled outside of New Brunswick within the last 14 days?
2) Have you been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19?
3) Do you have a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath?
Hand Sanitizer will be available to members upon entrance.
The YMCA has implemented a strict physical distancing policy. All individuals inside our facility will be expected to maintain a two-metre (six-foot) minimum distance between themselves and others. Signage will be visible throughout the facility.
As recommended by Public Health, the YMCA of Fredericton encourages all individuals inside our facility to wear a face covering when physical distancing is not possible.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, please note the following programs and services will not be offered at this time:
- Northside YMCA Location – 605 Cliffe Street
- Hourly Childminding Services
- Steam Rooms & Towel Service
- Squash Courts
- Day Passes
- Open Gym Times
- Drop-In Programs
- Youth programming will be scheduled to resume for our Fall Session
Please Note: The YMCA of Fredericton adheres to all recommendations from Public Health. All dates are dependant on their recommendations and our phased reopening operational plan could change at any time due to their directive.
If you have questions or comments please contact the YMCA through firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the GNB Recovery Plan or COVID-19, please visit: https://www2.gnb.ca/