YMCA Etiquette Statement
Our Commitment to Each Other
- The YMCA is committed to maintaining an environment that is safe, inclusive and free of harassment and discrimination.
- As a shared place for everyone to enjoy, each of us can make it better for all by being respectful of others and taking responsibility for our personal conduct.
- Please report any unacceptable or unusual behaviour to the YMCA Welcome Staff immediately.
YMCA Building Etiquette
- We are a scent-reduced facility (including locker rooms)
- We are a peanut-reduced facility
- For all YMCA programs, children under 12 years must be supervised by a guardian (16 years or older; check in/out policies apply)
- Photography and video of any kind is not permitted without authorization from management
- Use of phones, cameras and other electronic devices is not permitted in the locker room area
- Please remove outdoor footwear before entering the Wellness Centre, studios or locker rooms
- Please lock all personal belongings in a locker (e.g. shoes, bags, coats)
- Non-members 16 years and older will be asked to sign-in and show government-issued photo ID
- Members 13 – 15 years of age must complete a teen weight trainer consultation before using the YMCA Wellness Centre.