YMCA of Fredericton Update – Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Following recent announcements by the Government of New Brunswick, required proof of full vaccination, or signed medical exemption, (for those 12 years of age and older) and a mandatory indoor mask requirement (for those 2 years of age and older) will come into effect on 11:59 p.m. September 21, 2021.
Facility & Membership Reminders
Effective 5:30 a.m. Wednesday, September 22
We ask that our members bring their membership card, along with proof of vaccination and government issued ID, to be verified by our Welcome Desk staff. You will have the option for us to note your vaccination status on your account for quicker access to the facility in the future.
Masks must be worn at all times throughout the facility except while actively exercising.
- Effective 5:30 a.m. Wednesday, September 22, we ask that our members bring their membership card, along with proof of vaccination and government issued ID, to be verified by our Welcome Desk staff. Members will have the option to consent to the Fredericton YMCA noting on your membership that your vaccination status was verified, so that you will not be required to produce your vaccination proof each time you access the Wellness Facility, as long as your membership remains active. Your membership card will then give you access to the Wellness Facility gate. Alternatively, if you do not wish for this information to be recorded on your membership, you may bring your proof of vaccination and government issued ID to be verified at each visit. We will not maintain a copy of your proof of vaccination.
- Non-members and visitors to the Wellness Facility will be required to show proof of vaccination along with a piece of government issued ID when they enter. Non-members, including regular drop-ins and parents of members, will have the option of signing up for a quick access card, which will allow you faster access to the facility in the future. Please note, if you do not already have a YMCA card, there will a $5+HST fee for a card.
- If you have a child (12+) who is currently registered in a program that operates in a different facility, we ask that you come to the YMCA Welcome Desk, before the next scheduled meeting date, and provide your child’s proof of vaccination and consent to it being noted on their registration and membership. Alternatively, you will have to bring their proof of vaccination to each session, until it is verified at the YMCA. Once your child’s vaccination status is noted on their membership, you will not have to provide proof again for future registrations, as long as their membership remains active.
- UPDATE: Children who were born between July 1, 2009 and December 1, 2009 may participate in activities provided they have received one vaccination and have until October 31, 2021 to receive their second dose.
- Please note that individuals who cannot receive a vaccine because of a medical exemption will be required to show proof of exemption signed by a health care provider along with government issued ID. This applies to members and non-members who are medically exempt.
- Effective 5:30 a.m. Wednesday, September 22, masks must be worn at all times throughout the facility except while actively exercising.
What is acceptable for proof of vaccination?
- MyHealthNB record
- Immunization record from an RHA clinic, pharmacy or Public Health
- Photo or copy of an immunization record
- Proof of vaccination from another jurisdiction
Please note that individuals who cannot receive a vaccine because of a medical exemption will be required to show proof of exemption signed by a health care provider along with government issued ID. This applies to members and non-members who are medically exempt.
We ask that you be patient as there may be slightly longer delays in entering the facility while our staff verify vaccination records.
As always, we also ask that you are mindful and respectful of each other and of Y staff during this time and we thank you for your continued support as we work through this transition together.
Michelle Paquin, CPA, CA
Interim President & CEO
YMCA of Fredericton
Please Note: Child Care Pick-ups
Parents who are picking up children in our licensed Child Care area, and are not entering our Wellness Facility, are not required to show proof of vaccination at this time, however they must continue to wear their mask at all times, per current guidelines.