Personal Trainer (Certified)
– Design and support weight training programs for members of various skill levels
– Instruct weight training programs such as Small Group Personal Training and Wellness Centre Orientation
– Offer all new users of the facility an orientation to the cardio/weight room and a tour of the rest of the facility.
– Performs daily safety and cleanliness inspections
– Check all paper towel racks, disinfectant cleaning bottles to ensure they are always filled.
– Clean the weight room including equipment, benches and mats. Return weights to racks, and medicine balls, ropes etc., to their designated places.
– Daily check of all of the equipment to make sure it is operating properly. Record maintenance and equipment issues in the Facility Dude Program and bring to the Supervisor’s attention.
– Communicate effectively and efficiently with all colleagues in the facility to ensure the services offered are of the highest quality.
– Maintain YMCA SAM standards and act as a positive role model for our mission, vision, values, and commitment to service.
– Contribute to the YMCA by providing support to other staff, members and participants in Y initiatives.
– To maintain current qualifications as required by this position and follow YMCA policies regarding instructor certification/re-certification.
– Educate Members on Covid 19 Protocols
* May include other related duties as required
– Certificate in either ACSM, CSEP, Canfitpro, FNB or YMCA Personal Training (required)
– Certificate in Group Fitness (an asset)
– Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, including days, evenings and weekend
– Proven customer service, human resource and business experience
– Relevant computer skills: email, Word, Excel
– Must have a strong collaborative work ethic, ability to work as part of a team
– Experience and sensitivity in dealing with diverse children and families, including people of different cultural and racial backgrounds, visible and invisible dimensions of diversity.