Northside Wellness Specialist
YMCA of Fredericton is expanding to the North Side at 605 Cliffe Street. This new gym will include state of the art equipment with a focus on functional training, strength and conditioning.
The Wellness Specialist will work with members to orient them with the facility and fitness equipment, maintain the facility to a high standard, enroll new members and general supervision to ensure member safety.
- Offer all new users of the facility an orientation of the fitness of the fitness equipment
- Interacting with Members
- Perform daily safety and cleanliness inspections
- Cleaning of equipment and other cleaning duties as required
- Report maintenance and equipment issues
- Process new memberships and payments
- Opening & closing procedures
- Adherence to YMCA of Fredericton quality standards and health and safety guideline.
- Continuing education for safety, effectiveness and current trends
Skills & Qualifications
- Personal Training Certification an asset
- Kinesiology Student or Graduate an asset
- Personal experience with gym equipment use is required
- Customer Service skills
- Friendly, positive, motivating personality
- Relevant computer skills
- Workplace Standard First Aid with CPR & AED
- Must have a strong collaborative work ethic, ability to work as part of a team
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with diverse youth and adult members, including people of different cultural and racial backgrounds, visible and invisible dimensions of diversity.
Hours: flexible hours – early mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
|Job Category||Job Opportunities|