570 York Street, YMCA of Fredericton
Posted 2 months ago
Please see the PDF linked above for full details!
- Available to work from 8AM-4:30PM.
- Ensures adherence to all safety and life guarding procedures, and in the event of an emergency respond as trained by the Lifesaving Society and YMCA.
- Ensures that members, volunteers and other staff adhere to pool conduct guidelines and maintain order in their designated area as a proactive approach to ensuring safety and accident
- Administers swim assessments and swim tests.
- Set up and take down recreational, program and other equipment as required – at the same time checking that equipment is safe and in good repair (reporting immediately all malfunctions and removing the damaged equipment immediately from circulation).
- Completes all documentation related to the pool (ie incident reports, pool chemistry, etc.).
- Assists staff team in some cleaning duties related to pool and equipment.
Skills & Qualifications
- Current certifications in the following Lifesaving Society awards: National Lifeguard-Pool and Workplace Standard First Aid & CPR-C.
- Previous experience in lifeguarding is an asset.
- WHMIS certification is an asset.
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication (verbal & written) with members, staff and volunteers.
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity.
Compensation: $14 – $15/hr
If you are interested in being a part of a dynamic team and developing your skills while embarking on the adventure of working for an organization dedicated to strengthening the foundations of
community, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your resume below.
|Job Category||Job Opportunities|