The health of our staff, members and the broader community is our priority. We are following the advice of Public Health Agencies and announce the following update that will take effect immediately.
All registered programs, including youth, swim lessons and adult registered programs will end for the Winter Session effective today, March 15th
. Program specific assessment information will be sent to parents from their respective department managers in the upcoming days.
For the next fourteen (14) days, we will have a modified Group Fitness Schedule. While we work to confirm this schedule, Group Fitness Classes will be postponed until Tuesday, March 17th
. A modified schedule will be released Monday evening, March 16th
Childminding drop in service will be postponed for fourteen (14) days.
Please note that, effective immediately, new memberships will not be sold and day passes to the facility will not be available for purchase. This includes drop-in access to the wellness centre, gymnasium, pool and squash courts.
Open gym time will be cancelled for fourteen (14) days.
The public washrooms in the hallways on both the upper and lower level (beside the elevator) will not be available for use, and as it is reserved for the children in our Child Care and After School programs only during this time.
We understand that during this time of uncertainty you may want to put your membership on hold. We currently have a hold option for up to three (3) months per calendar year. There are two methods of accessing our hold option without visiting the facility:
- Submit a Membership Hold Request online:
-Sign into your existing account
by visiting our website at www.fredericton.ymca.ca
and clicking on the “Online Access” link
-Click “Memberships” at the top of the page
-Add the “Membership Hold Request” to your cart and follow the prompts to check out. Please note that it may take 1-2 days to complete your online Membership Hold Request.
-If you are accessing your account online for the first time, your username will be the email address we have on file for you. Click on the “forgot password” link and reset your password.
Here at the YMCA we are:
- Call our Welcome Desk at 462-3000 ext: 0 and speak to a Membership Services Representative. We appreciate your patience while we experience high call volume.
Please help us by:
- Encouraging frequent hand washing
- Encouraging cough and sneeze etiquette (cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing or sneezing)
- Recommending that individuals avoid shaking hands
- Cleaning common areas more frequently and deepening our efforts in cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. Housekeeping staff utilize a disinfectant and germicidal detergent to sanitize locker rooms, meeting rooms, washrooms, etc.
- We have purchased a handheld electrostatic sprayer to disinfect and sanitize items such as toys, hand weights, etc. that may be challenging to clean.
- Staying home if you or your family members are sick
- Washing your hands before and after entering program areas, after using equipment or before sending your child to a program. Wash hands with soap and warm water frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow, and disposing of tissues immediately
- Placing dirty towels in the towel bins
- Wiping down machines and equipment with disinfectant before and after each use
- International Travellers – Anyone who has returned from international travel, including to the United States, after March 8th, 2020 is restricted for fourteen (14) days from entering the YMCA of Fredericton.
If you would like more information on the Coronavirus, please refer to the Health Canada website at http://bit.ly/2VLC3AZ
Thank you for your continued support during this time. We will continue to update you with the most up to date information through our website, social media and email.
President & CEO
YMCA of Fredericton