June 4, 2020
We are excited to have our YMCA re-open and welcome you back!
The YMCA Wellness Centre at 570 York Street will open Monday, June 8, 2020 at 6am. Group Fitness classes will resume with a modified schedule on June 9. Our pool is scheduled to re-open on June 15.
At this time, our hours of operation will be:
Monday – Friday: 6am – 8pm
Saturday and Sunday: 7am – 5pm
Holidays: 8am – 4pm
Changes to the Facility
We have been working very hard to have our facility ready for you! You will notice some changes around the building that are designed to keep our members and staff safe. We appreciate your patience and co-operation while we all adjust to the changes that have been implemented. Some of these changes include:
- All members will be screened upon entry to the building. Each member must answer NO to the COVID-19 screening questions and have their temperature taken using a non-contact thermometer. Any member who has a temperature of 38c will not be allowed to use the facility.
- All members are required to physically distance by a minimum of 2 metres/6 feet at all times while in the facility.
- Water fountains are only available to fill water bottles, please remember to bring a re-fillable bottle from home.
- The Wellness Centre has been re-configured to ensure there is 2 metres/6 feet between all equipment. All equipment must be cleaned BEFORE and AFTER use.
For more information on changes and program offerings, please see our COVID-19 FAQ document on our website.
With the re-opening of our facility, membership payments will resume beginning on June 9, according to your previous payment schedule (i.e. if your payments were previously every other Friday, this will continue to be the case).
We understand that you may not be ready to return to the facility at this time. As a charity, the YMCA of Fredericton relies on memberships and donations in order to continue to serve our community. We ask that you consider staying with us, and maintaining your membership during this time to help us in achieving our goal of supporting healthy people for healthy communities.
We have extended our Hold Policy for those who are not ready to re-join us and wish to hold their payments. Members are able to put their membership on hold for up to 3 months, despite whether you’ve previously had your membership on hold in the current year. Membership Hold Requests can be made in-person, over the phone, or online (see instructions below). We require 2 business days’ notice ahead of your next scheduled membership payment to process your request.
- Visit our website at www.fredericton.ymca.ca
- Click on “Online Access!”
- Choose “Sign In” from the top right hand corner.
- Enter your username and password.If you are unsure of your username or it is your first time logging in, please choose “forgot username” and enter your email address. Your username will be sent to you.
- If you are unsure of your password or it your first time logging in, choose “Forgot Your Password?” and enter your username to reset your password.
Once logged in, select “Memberships” from the top banner and click on “Membership Hold Request.” Complete the fields and submit.
If you wish to cancel your membership, we continue to require 4 weeks’ notice. Membership cancellation requests can be done in-person at 570 York Street or over the phone by calling (506) 462-3000. Please note that cancellation requests sent by email will not be processed.
We look forward to seeing you at the Y!