Following this afternoon’s announcement by the Government of New Brunswick, the Fredericton Region (Zone 3) is transitioning to the Orange Phase of the Provincial Recovery Plan as of midnight tonight, November 26, 2020. The YMCA of Fredericton will remain open with a revised operational plan to keep our members, staff and community as safe and healthy as possible.
The Fredericton YMCA (570 York Street) and the Willie O’Ree Place Program Facility will remain open to our members but the following changes will be implemented:
- Active screening will return with mandatory temperature checks upon entering the facility, as well as answering screening questions.
- Masks must be worn at all times throughout the facility, including while exercising in the Wellness Centre.
- Locker rooms are closed, which includes steam rooms and showers. Members are discouraged from bringing in bags.
- Physical distancing requirements will increase to 3 metres/9 feet for high-intensity fitness classes and exercise. All Group Fitness class stations will allow for a minimum of 3 metres of physical distancing therefore masks are mandatory at all times except while engaged in class activity.
- All swimming lessons will be paused for the duration of the Orange Phase. The pool will remain closed until a revised schedule is released in the coming days.
- All other programs will be continuing as normal but all participants must wear a mask at all times, while also maintaining physical distancing.
Child Care & After School Programs
YMCA Child Care is an essential service and all of our locations will remain open during the Orange Phase. Any new guidelines set out by the Department of Education and early childhood development will be communicated directly to our families.
President & CEO
YMCA of Fredericton